|Canadian Heritage Gallery|
|Ontario||Click on the thumbnail to view the image, and for information about ordering reproductions.|
|McLaughlin-Buick New McLaughlin-Buick in Bowmanville,
Ontario, 1908, one of the first three automobiles bought there.
|Institute for the Blind Post-confederation Institute for the Blind at
Brantford, Ontario, with pupils stripping cane for the making of cane chairs.
|Bell Homestead A front view of the Bell Homestead, Brantford,
|Dionne Quintuplets-2 The Dionne Quintuplets site, Callander,
near North Bay, Ontario, c. 1936. The new family home is at the right, next is the nursery, and on
the left, the visitors' inspection building.
|The Junction House The Junction House at the Toronto, Grey
and Bruce Station, Cataract Junction, Ontario.
|Pre-Chatham, 1795 A bush farm near where Chatham would
appear amid southwestern Ontario woodlands, c. 1795.
|Chatham Settlement growth in early Upper Canada, as
represented by Chatham, emerging as a village in years that followed.
|Buttonwood Tree A buttonwood (sycamore) tree approximately
18 feet in circumference, the largest kind of southern Canadian hardwood, near Chatham, Upper
Canada, 1840. Watercolour by Philip John Bainbrigge (1817-
|Click on the thumbnail to view the image, and for information about ordering reproductions.|
|Top of Page
Copyright © 1999 Canadian Heritage Gallery